The Club was inaugurated in February 1928, by Prince Louis II of Monaco in the presence of many royals. Among them? King Gustav V of Sweden, the Duke of Connaught, Prince Nicholas of Greece, Grand Duchess Helen and Grand Duke Andrew of Russia. Ten months later, it was renamed “The Monte-Carlo Country Club”.
Thanks to the Butler family, the Club is regaining its former dynamism and appeal. Gloria Butler, the daughter of Mr. George Pierce Butler, worked for the club and organised its tournaments until the 1970s. Then, in 1972, at the request of Prince Rainier, Princess Antoinette agreed to become President of the Club. In fact, his daughter Baroness Elizabeth-Ann de Massy was the vice-president until 2008. Thus, from 1972 to 2020, Baroness Elizabeth-Ann de Massy worked tirelessly, her commitment unwavering, to develop the Club and build its reputation.
Today, state-qualified teachers offer tennis lessons and training courses at the Monte-Carlo Country Club In addition, the Inter-Member Tournament, the Youth Tournament and the Summer Tournament are all held here. As are many competitions. The Club has men’s, women’s and youth teams. In addition to this, members can indulge in relaxation and self-care by swimmingin the pool, having a massage or visitng the sauna and jacuzzi. Not to mention the three restaurants and bars that are open to them all year round. The MCCC has 21 clay courts: two hard courts, 13 lit courts and two covered courts, which are all open year-round.