n all its glittering splendor and decadence, here is the uncensored story of a family bred for glory, and destined for tragedy.
The jewel in the crown of Europe’s lush Cote D’Azur, the fiercely independent principality of Monaco gleams like a diamond above the Mediterranean. This playground of the rich and beautiful reached its zenith with Prince Rainier, Princess Grace, and their three children– until Grace’s tragic death in 1982. As the myth began to crumble, scandal rocked Monaco in every way, from its institutions to its image to the royal family itself. Now, through searching interviews with family members, personal friends, and long-time courtiers, the intimate, shocking truths about Monaco are explored in vivid detail, including:
* The ancient Curse of the Grimaldis and its legacy of misfortune
* The never-before-told story of Princess Grace’s abortion before she married Prince Rainier
* New details about Princess Grace on the night before she died, and her death in a Monaco hospital
* The alleged secret plot to destroy Princess Stephanie’s marriage
* The appalling rumors about the death of Stefano Casiraghi, Princess Caroline’s second husband
* The wild love life of Prince Albert and the rumors that haunt him
With eight pages of dramatic photos!