The Town Hall is the oldest Monégasque institution. Nearly 750 people work in twenty municipal departments making up the following areas of expertise:
- Social (early childhood, seniors, social assistance) ;
- Culture (Monaco’s multimedia library, The Rainier III Academy, The Pavillon Bosio Visual Arts School of higher learning and The Exotic Garden and its Botanic Centre);
- Attractions (Espace Léo Ferré, Sights, Princess Antoinette Park);
- Everyday Life, Environment and Sustainable Development (Civil Status, Municipal Police, Display Advertising);
- Sport and Leisure (Saint-Charles Swimming Pool, Rainier III Nautical Stadium…)
- Heritage and Traditions.
Composed of fifteen members, the Communal Council is elected democratically by Monégasques people for a period of four years. At the beginning of 2021, the Mayor in office is Georges Marsan.