The squash club of Monaco is located at the Louis II stadium. It has four courts, sports and fitness equipment and a sauna to relax a game. All of the facilities aer available 7 days a week until 9pm, except on Sundays when the Club closes at 7pm.
On the French Riviera, squash was first played at the beginnig of the 20th century. English people spending their winters here introduced the sport. The first two squash courts in the Principality were built in 1925 at the prestigious Monte-Carlo Country Club.
Furthermore, since 1996, Monaco has been organising the “Monte-Carlo Squash Classic” which brings together the world’s best professional players every year. Also organised is the “Squash Trophy of Monaco.”This is a competition exclusively for people working in the Principality. Competitors form teams and the championship is becoming increasingly more successful.