On Saturday, February 9th, the members of the Saint Vincent de Paul Conferences of Monaco gathered around Monsignor Barsi and Council President Christian Bergougne to hold their annual General Assembly.
A morning to take stock of actions taken locally and internationally … and also to thank all the people engaged discreetly throughout the year to welcome, listen, advise, accompany, help, encourage … those and those who knock on the door of the Conferences, whether in the parishes or in the Grimaldi Street premises.
The actions are numerous and diverse:
- Distribution of vouchers for meals – distribution of vouchers for food
- Rent payments for people in difficulty
- Easter and Christmas gifts for the elderly and the prison
- Solidarity grocery
- Maraud every week in Roquebrune and Menton
- Festive parcels for homeless people
- Clothing distribution
- Organised meal for the Day of the Poor
- Show and taste during the year or on the occasion of festivals …
Alongside these helpers, it is the willingness to listen to real-life situations that become a source of hope. To fight against the poverty of loneliness or to help overcome difficulties, what counts is simply an attentive ear, a smile offered and a moment of fraternal sharing. It is important to remember what St. Vincent de Paul said: The poor are our masters, and they do not forget that charity has no time.
To meet the numerous calls and the different requests, the Conferences welcome all the people who would have a little time and the desire to serve others.
If you want to participate in this great adventure, contact your parish or the head office (32, rue Grimaldi).
Phone: +377 93 30 23 14.