Monaco Telecom and the Monegasque Digital Security Agency (ASMN) launched an alert this Tuesday afternoon, following a spike in malicious acts recorded on the Monegasque telephone network.
“Attention, an attempt to collect personal data by phone is currently underway on the Principality. This does not emanate from Monaco Telecom that does not make any request of this type,” says the operator who, in the afternoon, had already identified 50 victims of this form of piracy.
Monaco Telecom and the ASMN take the opportunity to recall the behaviours to adopt.
How do I know if I am concerned?
- The call is made on your fixed and/or mobile phone number
- The call comes from a hidden number (or unknown)
- The correspondent is presented as Monaco Telecom or Monaco Internet Security
- The correspondent asks about your connections internet, sharing your box connections, or your IP address
This fraudulent scheme aims to either steal credit card numbers or obtain personal information.
What to do?
- Never divulge your IP address / Serial number/mac address or any technical information of your box and mobile phone devices
- Never reveal your passwords and login of your PC and Box
- If you have been contacted, thank you for contacting Monaco Telecom customer service at 99.66.33.00.