As part of the 20th edition of the Jeun’Elec program, the Electric Vehicles Club of Monaco, in close collaboration with the National Education, Youth and Sports Department, and the Environment Directorate, proposed Volunteer students of the 4th classes of colleges Charles III and Saint-François d’Assise Nicolas Barré participate in a day of testing of electric vehicles.
This operation took place earlier this week on Tuesday, February 5, 2019, at the Fishermen’s Car Park. The main modes of electric transport were presented with, this year, a focus on the electric bike.
Indeed, three activities focused on this mode of smooth travel, echoing the grant mechanism recently put in place by the Prince’s Government:
- Road safety, workshop led by the Public Security Department
- A fun circuit of electric bikes, proposed by MonacoBike, with the support of FatBike
- The discovery of Monaco bicycles, led by the Monaco Bus Company.
Two animations completed them:
- The electric kart offered by Kart Indoor Monaco
- A circuit of electric cars (Tesla, Twizy, Renault Zoé, etc.) with the participation of the Urban Planning Department, the Prince Albert I Foundation, the Monaco Post Office, the SMEG, the Town Hall, Mobee and Limousine Tours.
Beyond the simple test of electric vehicles, the objective of this day was to make students aware of the problem of the preservation of the environment, in particular, pollution related to road transport and the notion of intermodality. In preparation for the event, all 4th grade students had benefited from an educational session around these themes.
At the end of this day, they were invited to participate in the Jeun’Elec Competition, for the 2018-2019 school year, by imagining a slogan and creating a logo to promote electric mobility.
The awards ceremony will take place during the EVER Forum which will take place at the Grimaldi Forum on May 9th.