To the delight of adults and children alike, the world famous International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo will be returning for its 43rd edition from January 17 to January 27, 2019.
Per the press release on the Principality’s official governmental website, the circus festival is returning to Monte Carlo in January. In the vision of its creator, Prince Rainier, the international circus festival regroups some of the finest circus displays in the world while maintaining the utmost respect for the creatures employed in all acts.
“Respect, bonding, play, and affection are values that the Organizing Committee, under the presidency of H.S.H Princess Stéphanie, continues to promote: the animals, often born in a circus environment, are thought of as genuine artists. Inside the big top as well as in the menagerie, the audience will be able to see that the animals are the stars of this 43rd edition… and without them, there wouldn’t be any circus.”
Some of the 43rd edition’s featured acts include:
– Martin Lacey Jr., the star animal trainer from Great Britain. Lacey is currently considered to be one of the greatest big cat trainers in the world. The performer will present a group of 26 big cats that have never been brought together in a cage before. 20 minutes of pure wonder whilst the trainer guides his animals to perform several impressive tricks. Mr. Lacey is known for being an adamant advocate of animal protection.
– Marcel Krämer, a German animal trainer who has been working with furry friends since childhood, will grace the Monegasque scenes with a group of… donkeys. He’ll even lead them through a waltz in the ring!
– The Cossack women from Gia Eradze’s “Royal Circus”, galloping at high speeds, will perform their most daring and difficult tricks – headstands, picking up objects, drags – all while on horseback.
Any great circus show would be incomplete without the participation of the birthplace of the arts du cirque, China! In that light, special performances from these acts will also light up the big top:
– Acrobatics on supple stilts by Xing Yunwei. The artist reaches phenomenal heights all while performing splits and difficult contortions.
– The acrobatic troupe of Beijing uses three moving masts to show off their incredible agility and they treat us to a very special acrobatic performance.
Reservations can be made here:
* www.montecarlofestival.mc or www.France-billet.com or www.fnac.com
* Telephone: +377 92 05 23 45 * Fax: +377 92 05 26 22
* At the door: the circus ticket booths are open from 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 6pm