On the morning of Tuesday, 11 June, an anti-pollution exercise was organized on the site of the urbanization at sea. The fictitious scenario of this exercise consisted of a major hydraulic oil leak near a ship, working on installing the protective shell of the caisson belt.
Realized in real time, this exercise was placed under the direction of the Division of Maritime and Airport Police (DPMA). In association with the services of the State (Fire Brigade Corps and the Direction of Maritime Affairs, among others), the teams of Bouygues Travaux Publics Monaco and its subcontractors, but also the Ports Company of Monaco, the URBAMER mission, as well as the SAM of Anse du Portier.
On the site, 7 ships and 20 people were mobilized. A crisis unit associating the State services, URBAMER, the teams of Bouygues TP and the SAM of Anse du Portier was immediately set up. It has controlled the proper coordination of pollution control operations and ensured the consistency of the various means, human and material, deployed during the crisis.
- Beginning of the crisis at 9:03 am: a hydraulic fluid distribution hose broke on the barge Edmond (Trasomar), present on the water.
- Trigger alert procedures, with the various stakeholders and in chronological order: Bouygues TP Mc, State services (Maritime Police, Maritime Affairs Directorate, Fire Department) Société des Ports de Monaco, Mission Urbamer, Sam de the Doorkeeper’s Cove.
- 9:15 am: Entry into action of the Eco tank company teams, which is charged by Bouygues TP with a 24h / 24h penalty for the fight against potential pollution.
- Deployment of the anti-pollution absorbent dams, in contact with the flow of hydraulic oil.
- The intervention of subcontracting teams: two pairs responsible for setting up “horseshoe-shaped” screens; these teams collect possible polluting
Indeed, this exercise made it possible to measure the relevance and validate the triggering of the emergency procedures. It also confirmed the responsiveness of the various actors, public and private, faced with this type of scenario and the effective coordination of all stakeholders on the water. Also, he validated the role of Eco tank in the fight against possible pollution on the site.
Finally, this exercise made it possible to test the effectiveness of the means of pollution control on the water and to reinforce the operational coordination between the partners of the shipyard.