The medals were presented in person by the Princess of Hanover.
National Day was also an opportunity to recognise those involved in Monegasque cultural life. On Friday 18 November, in the Blue Room at the Prince’s Palace, Princess Caroline welcomed ten new officers and knights into the Order of Cultural Merit.
The Princess of Hanover praised their contributions to the Principality’s influence in terms of science, literature and heritage.
- Jean-Louis Grinda: Director of the Monte-Carlo Opera for 15 years
- Célia Bernasconi: Chief Curator of the Nouveau Musée National de Monaco (New National Museum)
- Michel Danino : Photographer
- Guillaume Gallienne : Actor
- Sylvie Lefebvre : Literature Professor
- Gilles Marsan: Artistic Director at the Société des Bains de Mer
- George Oliveira: Artist and Choreographer at the Monte-Carlo Ballet
- Shubha Sathyendranath : Member of the Oceanographic Institute’s Scientific Council
- Kazuki Yamada: Artistic and Musical Director of the Monte-Carlo Philharmonic Orchestra
- Adrien Goetz: Art historian and member of the Académie des beaux-arts (Fine Arts Academy)